1997 for off road use. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 for off road use.

I've heard zero complaints about the Wrangler Duratracs- on road, snowy, or off road. I wheel with 2 trucks that have them. They are high on my list of tires to consider when the time comes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I try to buy as much as I can, that is made in the USA. Sometimes it is difficult to find things made here. I will gladly pay a little more for USA made items.

Very nice. It looks like your Explorer will go anywhere. My next tires will be the Goodyear Wrangler.

I did some research, and many jeep owners are switching to our Explorer differential to get the 31 spline 8.8 setup. They say that it is stronger than the dana 44.

Your not going to break the rear end.

The only thing drive train I would worry about is the CVs and thats only if you crank the torsions alot. I am not a ford lover but own a mounty and an explorer because they are durable out of the box. My mounty had 3:73s and a limted slip (awd-no low range) and I went everywhere my buddy's lifted zj went. For what you want I believe you made an excellant choice. If you were to crank the torsions a hair and level the rear (add-a-leaf if you haul weight, shackle if not) that would clear 31s nice and you would have a nice lifted rig. But even stock they my exploders have impressed the jeep guys.

Where can I get my hands a the front bumper aus?

Where can I get my hands a the front bumper aus?

It's a bullbar made by TJM 4x4 accessories, I assume they stopped making them about 10 years ago, I found it at a wreckers in a pile of alloy bullbars. I would suggest getting one custom made with this design.

I'm goin to the largest junk yard on the eastern US coast love this place I should find a few in there I can cut up and weld what I want

Back