1997 How Do You Disable the Auto Lock Feature? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 How Do You Disable the Auto Lock Feature?

allmyEXes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
No. Alabama USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Blue Ex 4.0 SOHC
Callsign
KAGG 3611 (CB)
I found the directions online. Click Here. I'm attempting to disable this auto door lock feature. It has its purpose but is annoying at work when I need to get in the other side or back of the vehicle.
Someone who has successfully done this please check these directions and see if they are correct. Thanks!

If you have the driver's door mounted number keypad it tells you how to deactivate/activate the auto-lock feature in the owner's manual. If you do not have the keypad, I'm sure there's probably a way to do the same thing, but I don't know what it is, so IDK if the instructions you linked to are correct.

If the procedure for turning off the auto-lock feature is anything like the procedure to turn off the seat belt warning chime it will probably take you multiple attempts to get the feature turned off. I think I had to try 5-6 times to get my seat belt warning chime turned off. What a ridiculous/overly complicated procedure!

Back