1998 2wd lift options | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1998 2wd lift options

Paco

Reaction score
Help Me Please! 1998 2wd!

Please tell me the possibilities of putting a lift on my 1998 explorer sport. Can i even offroad in a 2wd? Or should i buy an older 4x4? Can i do the torsion bar twist, warrior schackles a body lift AND a OME springs?

thanks
paco

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Please help me!

FABTECH

Paco,

check this out........

ExplorerLifted2wd.jpg

I think you can get a 2wd lift from the link below.

http://www.natltire.com/ntw0799/pages/fabtech10.html

I think that explorer looks pretty cool!!!

That web site tells me that it works with a 1998 2wd sport? Is this true? This site confuses me.

thanks
travis

83 to 00 2wd explorer

It looks like the kit is for either 2wd ranger or explorer up to 2000. Probably new spindles for the front and blocks for the rear lift. That explorer in the pic could have a body lift too. It looks really lifted! I think it has 33-12.5 procomp tires.

the last time i checked that kit didnt work for newer models they use new springs and a new upper arm the new explorers dont have springs torsionbars. but if i am wrong let me know, i hope i am. thanks SEAL

I emailed fabtech and they haven't replied yet. Does anyone know approx. when they (any company) will have a lift kit available for my truck? I have a 1998 2wd sport.

Thanks
Travis

PS - Why didn't i ge 4x4???? :0(

i emailed them a couple weeks ago and they never emailed me back paco i think we are inthe same boat, i have a 95 2wd

Paco.....yes Fabtech does make a kit for the explorer. I know there's somebody on the site that has it....but I can't think of who. I wouldn't try to email Fabtech though...try national tire or 4wheelparts. They'll give you a quicker answer. I'm looking at the one for the ranger and looks like a simple lift. New I-beams in the front and blocks in the rear.

anyone have fabtech's number???

Fabtech Performance Suspensions
Phone: 714-990-8850

found it
gopher
Brian 94 2wd
4" Fabtech Lift
33/12.5/15 on black rims 4.10's w/Auburn posi

[Edited by leebo on 12-20-2000 at 07:59 AM]

anyone have a phone number or internet address for trailmaster?

(800) 832-4847
or
(517) 278-4011.

I have a '95 sport 4x4 and I'll trade you straight up for your '98 2wd. it even has brand spankin' new cv's up front!

And tell me what you would do with my explorer 2wd? Where would you go besides on streets and grassy meadows? That is all my explorer can take. It is fast though... I beat my friends brand new 2000 mustang (v6 190? hp). Wait till explorer express comes out with that damn supercharger for the SOHC, then ill really be smokin'. Will someone please tell me about that suspension lift from explorer pro comp for 98-00 2wd?

thanks
travis

The same thing I am going to do when my drivetrain warranty expires... Weld in a solid front axle and swap out the rear-end with some 3/4 ton axles chopped from an '84 F-250. I will do this and I WILL have pictures in about 6 mos.

explorer pro comp 3"

explorer pro comp makes a 3" lift for newer model explorers. it is made up of heavy duty spindles for the front and i think add-a-leafs for the back. i guess if you have a monoleaf it wouldnt work.

Back