1998 Really weird problem please help!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1998 Really weird problem please help!!!!

Hazardzilla

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer XL
Okay so let's start here. My 98 explorer XL is having some scary issues... I replaced the valve cover gaskets on Thursday and I've taken this engine apart several times incudong a timing chain on a 97 4.0 ohv. Anyways the kit came with an upper intake gasket that seemed a bit too thin....And to my dismay it was. I torqued the fuel rail down to seal the gasket and I ended up cracking 3/6 injectors... :( (Facepalm) I started it up thinking it would work. I had major misfire I could hear in the air box, and I had a terrible slapping/knock sound come from the 5th/6th cylinders. I since replaced the injectors from the junkyard. (Only had 150,000 miles and the resistance on them were 15-15.2ohms.) I still have a terrible miss What I believe is a dead cylinder due to blocked injector /injectors. Could an o ring be stuck in the fuel rail? I only recovered 5 from it... Thanks for your input and suggestions are welcome.

Back