2" blocks as opposed to shackles or leaf add on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2" blocks as opposed to shackles or leaf add on

phillymscott

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 explorer sport
so im plannin on doing a 2" TT to my 97 explorer since lifts for this year simply dont exist. if they do please tell me but anyway for the back im in a little bit of a mind boggle. i was wanting to just add a 2" leaf spring block to give it 2 inches but everyone says that shackels and a leaf add on are better but why? i feel adding a leaf and shackles could maybe not give me an exact height and maybe go to high then itd look dumb becuase im not sure how to get my front in up higher without spending a ton of money. that which i dont want to do to a car exceding 200,000 miles and im in college.
can ya help me out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can not use blocks to lift the rear. Explorers are spring under axle. If you were to use blocks you lower it not lift it.

Lift kits do exist. Superlift makes a kit. It will run you around $2000. Or you can go with a Dixon Brother set up for $5000-$6000.

Well 2 inch blocks would not even lift your truck, it would lower it as explorers of out generation are AOS (axle over spring) - so i would suggest going with just shackles or add-a-leaf, unless your truck is sagging a lot, then both..

or rather i see you have a sport, you could get 4-door leaf packs.

edit: yay for 3 posts at the same time!

ohhhh i gotcha i gotcha. seems i was misinformed by a mechanic i know, but he also said i could go 3" with a TT and i really dont want to have to replace my cv joints so

Back