2" Body Lift

BlueDogBandit

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Miles City, Montana
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 & 93 XLT 4x4 Explorers
FYI for anybody getting ready to install a 2" body lift. After I got everything bolted back up and the bumbpers remounted (note: which took some welding to get them to match up right), I started up my ride and it wouldn't idle. You can imagine my confusiion. I just added a little extra lift for some more tire room, and now my truck is loping like I have a huge cam in it, and when I step on the gas, it hesitates and almost quits. I at first thought that when I was putting in the steering extension, that I may have pulled a plug wire off. Nope. I couldn't figure it out. Why I thought about it, I decided to pull my K&N out and give it a washing. When I was unbolting the air box, I noticed the connector to the thottle body was just barely pushed in. I the wires to it were pulled tight. I examined the problem, and freed up the wires from the battery mount plate. Must of pulled on the wires when I was raising the body. I pushed the connector all the way in, and started the truck back up.....no loping. WOW! I thought my 160,000 four liter had finally decided to give up and not push around the new 32" M/T's. Hope this helps someone out.

Blayne
91' XLT 4x4
Warn Manual Hubs
2 1/2" Rancho
2" body lift
32 x 11.50 BFG M/T's
Lot of extra cool stuff...
Next mods: 4:10's, Rear tire carrier, 4" ranch rear springs, new spring buckets for the front...and a windshield (Montana road rocks are brutal.)

Back