2 Rangers getting wild in tuff truck race. 1 with major carnage! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 Rangers getting wild in tuff truck race. 1 with major carnage!

My brother and I went and raced some tuff truck competition with some mostly stock rangers, went great, 2 heats then a main, I qualified top 5 for main, my brother had fastest time and won his heat, we put 4 point harnesses in each truck, and went for the main, my 2wd had hit dirt hard enough it popped the radiator in the last run before main, but i dont care about its engine and wsz only 2 lap race, so ran it anyway, in the main, I got 3rd with 2wd ranger, everyone else was 4wd, my brother would have got 1st but got penalty for missing one small jump which was an error from getting about 5-6 ft over a table top and prolly a little jar from that. So he didnt place cause the penalty, but we all went back out to get judged for a crowd pleasure award, which he won, but as we were screwing off on the track working are way off, a jump not even part of the track, was pretty tall 6-7 ft shaped like a pyramid, he pulled up then backed up little bit, was going to just try pop front wheels over an drive back down oher side, well he musta hit gas just tad to hard, and it raised front end off the jump, had about 8-10 ft of air bottom of the front tires, then noised dived into the flat missing the downside, bringing truck to dead stop when it hit round, then rear fell to ground. I pulled around cause it looked pretty brutal, he got out said he thought he was ok, but gonna be sore, they called ambulance personel over and they decided to load him up on back brace and take to hospital, luckily late last nite no broken, bones, prolly just major whiplash,, it hit so hard, steering wheel, pushed down into the dash gauges, i drove truck back to trailer pulled steering wheel out some started truck, as driving back the complete ignition key fell out of the truck, so didnt turn it off till loaded on trailer, then just dumped clutch, frame bent so hard you can see where bed was dented the rear of the cab pretty hardcore, lots of my friends have are races and action on some iphones, will try and grab some pics, and see if i can get a video onto hear to share, all in all was pretty crazy waste of time.. I myself am pretty sore also..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

7f019f6c.jpg

Gotta change your privacy settings we can't see them.

my buddy posted them i will see

My ranger, held up pretty good
032.jpg

031-1.jpg

030-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

I was gonna run this bronco but i tore it up before the race LOL
004-2.jpg

Those look like pretty nice rangers no? aren't "tough truck" competitions basically a one truck at a time demo derby?

and why not put the videos on youtube... it works much better for this sort of thing.

Well went for round 2 last night, but I was driver using my brothers truck, we put new steering column in it yesterday afternoon and went for it, which was great, cause I got 1st and brought home $500 to bad most went to the owner of the truck. But thats allright might use it for the rest of the season was a great time.
few pics and vids
th_008-3.jpg

What kind of tire pressure or you running at for this?

Looks like a hell of a good time and all the sweeter when you win some dough for it. Heck most of us would do it for free....LOL

2nd vid was my 2nd fasted time, was like 42 seconds? my last race the won the whole thing was 39 seconds, b ut is on my wifes I phone.

--Edit -the bad part about all this is i have some crazy ideas brewing in my head for a tuff truck build, kinda like a desert truck. made to take abuse and go fast doing it.

Think this winter gonna build 95-97 reg cab short bed, 5.0 TTB long travel setup, for the series, prolly box the frame??

Back