• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ford Windstar Wont run/Start

Danson

Reaction score
City, State
London, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited
hey, my dad gave me his Ford Windstar, it only has 130,000 kms (Around 80,000 Miles i think). We came out of a store and started it and it was running like crap, but before we went into the store it ran perfect. it was running so rought that the RPM's were going up and down and so low that the battery light would come on. it stayed that way for a couple days and finally it just wont start. We took it to a mechanic and he said that the engine is shot and it had to be replaced. Another mechanic said the head gasket was shot. I then checked the oil to see if there is any sort of discoloration or anything and it looked normal. And today i went to go and start it again and when i started it the hose that goes from the valve cover to the intake manifold Flew off down the driveway and smoke came out of it. So i put it back on and gave it another shot and the same thing happened. At first i thought that maybe it wasn't getting fuel because of how it was running until the hose flew off a couple times in a row. Anyone know whats going on?? Any help is appreciated, i want to try and fix it up. Are these symptoms of the head gasket? Sorry for the novel :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i took off the whole intake manifold and cleaned all the EGR ports because they were all clogged and still nothing still wont start

If that hose going from the valve cover to the intake is the PVC hose check the PVC valve.

Does the engine try to start or does it just "click"?

it tries to start and it seems like it starts for a second and then stalls back out again.

Back