2001 explorer sport trac rack and pinion assembly | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 explorer sport trac rack and pinion assembly

huppjl

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport trac
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rack and pinion assembly is leaking on our 2001 ford explorer sport trac. How hard is it to replace the assembly? Can someone give me step by step directions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm about to leave for work but I can get you that info after while if no one else posts it.

2001 Sport Trac steering rack and pinion assembly

Please post the directions or email them to me. I am going to replace the steering mechanism this weekend.

E-mail sent.

Check your mail.

I'm about to leave for work but I can get you that info after while if no one else posts it.
You work? :D BTW Steve, I went out and go the Sport Trac muddy just for you today.

You work? :D BTW Steve, I went out and got the Sport Trac muddy just for you today.

Work, well I use that term loosely!

'Bout time you went out in something besides the station wagon:bsnicker: :exp: :D:D

First post here. I appreciate the help I can get. I'm looking to make the same repair. Could you send me information as well? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum sshadowssin !

You'll have something in your mail.

Back