2001 sport trac 4x4 5.0l swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 sport trac 4x4 5.0l swap

ok heres a update.. i got ahold of ttbit and he has done this before so ima try to get him to coach me through this..lol. the block and heads go out sometime by friday hopefully. we are doing as mentioned above but we are also porting and polishing the cylinder heads too. final cost of engine work with the intake manifolds ported and polished also will be around $1300. we want to keep this on a budget for the engine build but its getting wild instead of mild,lol. we still have to go pull a trans for it to send it to my friends trans shop to get rebuilt and what ever else we like. i have alot of people out here that think this cant be done and with me being a chevy guy this is my first expierience with a ford so we'll see how it goes. its coming along nicely now, IM TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO PUT PICTURES UP FOR YOU GUYS

You have to host pics somewhere like Photobucket.

RangerSVT has a very detailed thread linked to in his signature, lots of detail on the wiring, and some big tips.

Use an image hosting site, and use the image codes

from both the 5.0 threads people mentioned seems the easiest way would be taking the exploder 5.0 AWD set up. if 4hi and 4lo are a necessity then ditch the AWD transfer case and slap in the F150 manual one. seems straight forward mechanically issue i see is the wiring that can be a bear if you cant read wire schematics.

Back