2002 Explorer Driver Seat 6 way power no memory | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer Driver Seat 6 way power no memory

EmilyHT

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Ford Explorer
I have an early build, 2002 Ford Explorer XLT with the 4.6L V8 engine. The driver's seat has evidently developed a problem that we need to fix. There is no memory or heat in these seats.

I have looked at various posts about the power seats and seat tracks; taken the seat out and discussed with our normal repair shop. As the current plan is to sell the vehicle, I cannot afford to spend $600 for a new seat track (plus labor). Have located a 2004 Mountaineer seat that we think we can make work. However, I need some guidance with regards to wiring the connector to the donor seat.

One thing I would really like is a copy of the repair manual for the vehicle. Is there one on this site?

I have pictures of the plugs if that will help.

Welcome to the forum. I moved your thread into the 2002, forum as you requested:chug:

We replaced the 02 Explorer seat track with the 04 Mountaineer seat track today. To do it, we took the 02 seat track, checked how the wires were connected to the motors and did the same with the 04 seat track. Since the plug on the 04 seat track was different than the plug on the 02 seat track, we had to cut both plugs and install the 02 plug in the 04 seat track. We used solder and heat shrink tubing to mend the connected wires, then put the 04 seat track into the 02 Explorer. It all works great.

Took about a day because we were taking our time to figure it out without diagrams and we wanted a quality repair and no errors.

Back