• Register Today It's free!

2002 x sport brush guard on 2000

That911guy

Reaction score
City, State
Ashland City, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Pretty straight forward. 2002 ford explorer sport grill guard, will it fit on a 2000 ford explorer XLS. Here is a link to the craigslist ad. Comes with mounting brackets, but im thinking it wont fit mine. But you never know, so i figured id ask!

Thanks in advance.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/pts/2281210435.html

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i like that grill guard that would awesome on my 01 sport

Did you make any contact with the guy that had the one we discussed? I DID send you that info, didn't I?

Man, that one in the link is just what I need!

Ranch i didnt have the money back then, and i really dont now. But i always check the local ads to look around. If this thing will mount up to mine without much mod'ing i may get it.

Anyone know if this would be close? I can probably have something fab'd up. But I cant splurge too much (money is a bit tight right now, and would be pushing it with the guard itself)

Different setup (frame width's) as far as I know.

Thanks man. Thats what i was afraid of. I was hoping it was slightly off, but could fab out some type of adaptive mount.

From the design of it I's say it was a Westin Sportsman 40-0805 (2001-04 Explorer Sport - 2 dr/2001-05 Explorer Sport Trac).
Your application calls for a 40-0975 (2002-05 Explorer - 4 dr (all trim levels,Cutting of air dam is necessary to complete installation.)

Go out and measure center to center on your frame. I'll go measure mine and post back momentarily.

Center of frame where the tow hooks/grille guard mounting brackets bolt up in 24". Inside to inside on the guard is 28.5" .

The Sport/Sport Trac nose is rounded more than the 4-door models, I think.
Grilleguardmeasurement.jpg

DSC03096b.jpg

Sorry ranch, I was at work all day yesterday, and was busy at home last night. Stuck at work all day today too. (12 hour shifts). Ill try to do some measurements tonight after work though. Thanks for the info though.

Back