2003 Explorer died and won't start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer died and won't start

DiscountHP1

Reaction score
City, State
Middleton, Ohio
Hi all, just stumbled by this forum while Google'ing the problem with my Explorer and thought I'd see if anyone could help me. 2 weeks ago I traded and got my 2003 Explorer Sport XLS V6 4.0 liter. It ran great except for a low idle a lot that I was told is a $60 O2 sensor. Today I was driving and it stalled and will not start back up. I just filled up the other day and still have 1/2 tank of gas so I know its not the fuel. I'm not mechanically inclined at all but the first thing I thought was the fuel pump but when I turn the key on I can hear the fuel pump running strong. It just cranks and cranks and doesn't seem to fire at all. I'm having some people look at it tomorrow and am on a very tight budget so I thought I'd check here to see if there are any common problems with these I should check first. Also, what would be the first logical scenarios for me to have them look for. If anyone has any questions in helping you help me just ask and I will do my best to answer. Thanks!!!:thumbsup:

I've checked it out a little further and found out it has plenty fire but no compression if that helps anyone out. Thanks!

Sorry for the duplicate post, just didn't get any replies and thought I'd try it in this one

Back