• Register Today It's free!

2004 Blend door issue

kelz

Reaction score
City, State
upstate, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 ford explorer
Hello, i'm new to this and was just trying to do some research because my 2004 Explorer with third row seating has no heat in front and heat in the back, i also have the clicking noise as well. As i browsed around and had someone look at it I've come to the conclusion that its the blend door and that the gears must be off cause of the clicking noise. Sooo i was wondering if anyone here could lead me in the right direction as to how to fix this problem. I've called Ford and the estimate was like $1,500 to fix this problem and I am trying to do it the less expensive way. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Lots of posts on blender door issues (try searching). In general, if you want it fixed by a dealer, its big bucks because they have to basically disassemble the whole dash... IF they don't want to "cut". There are "many" posts where people have performed "surgery" on the duct / box to gain access and then "jobbed" a fix to the door.... sometimes very successful and sometimes less successful.

Back