2004 Ford Explorer XLS - A/C Clicking on Coldest Setting - Left Side of Console | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Ford Explorer XLS - A/C Clicking on Coldest Setting - Left Side of Console

phoeniix

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLS
I had the usual problems of the explorer's Temp Blend Actuator clicking and cold not changing to heat (right side of console), so I zip tied it to manually switch from cold to hot. I noticed my middle vent actuator was broken but that wasn't a big deal for those vents to be always on, so I took the vacuum line out and put a screw in it. My fresh air door had also broken off, covering the blower motor causing weak air flow so I bought some aluminum HVAC tape and sealed it back on to fix that.

My only problem left (so far) I am also hearing a light clicking sound on the left side of the console when my cold air is set to max cold (not max air flow). What is the actuator for on the left side of the front console for? When I first started fixing everything the max cold click was there so I would just set it 1 away from max for use. When I fixed the fresh air door the clicking went away for the max cold setting and I was surprised. The next day when I put the zip tie on the temp blend lever the max cold clicking came back but I figured it had nothing to do with either of those fixes because its on the left side of the console not the right where the temp blend actuator is. What should I do replace it or hope it goes away? I never recharged my A/C before but it blows cold air so I didn't think it was that. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction of what to do? On a side note the air is extremely loud on 4 setting, I can't remember if that was always the case but 1-3 settings aren't bad though is that normal?

Thanks, Matt

You need the blend door actuator.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/clicking-temp-blend-actuator-removal.397482/

1.JPG

2.JPG

Back