2004 Mercury Mountaineer 4.6L V8 - DPFE Sensor Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Mercury Mountaineer 4.6L V8 - DPFE Sensor Question

ExcursionMJ

Reaction score
City, State
IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Excursion
Hello all, I recently bought a 2004 mercury mountaineer premier awd SUV, and when I got home I ran the codes for the check engine light that was on. I was told it was the EGR valve, which go figure, I'm guessing it is the DPFE sensor. The thing is, the one site I go to get most of my parts does not have a 2004 mercury mountaineer dpfe sensor on it. I do most of my shopping at Rock Auto, and they do not have a dpfe sensor for my car. Where would you recommend I find a dpfe sensor for my mountaineer? Thanks guys.I looked at the explorer as well and they do not carry the dpfe sensor according to the website for the explorer either.

Edit: After looking around it seems that the dpfe sensor and egr valve may all be one piece on the Mountaineer in 04. Can anyone verify that this is in fact the case? I bought one for my 2002 explorer about 4 months or so ago and it definitely had both. But now I am seeing some people say they think it's all one part on the 04s. I definitely can't find the part anywhere.

The EGR valve doesn't look like what they used to. Books and websites will also call items differently.

You are correct. There is no separate DPFE on the '04.

Such a simple replacement on the '04. Literally right under the hood in the very back, center of the vehicle. You can't ask for a much simpler replacement. Thanks for your help guys, it was in fact all one unit.

Back