• Register Today It's free!

2004 no crank no start Pats

AllenGoodman

Reaction score
City, State
chilliwack bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 eddie bauer,2000 xlt
This vehicle has a aftermarket remote start and a iFar Key-Override-SL bypass module. When you go to start the vehicle with the remote start the theft light blinks rapidly, but when you put the key in, and turn it to the on position, the pats light turns on for about a minute and then starts to blink like, as if the the key is turned off. After countless hour of reading and researching i found this site http://www.diagwiki.com/ford-pats-immobilizer. It says under LED-indicator of pats status that a solid LED when the key is in the on position means, "waiting for coding keys". I am not sure what that means. I was thinking maybe this bypass module has maybe malfuntioned and made the pats forget the key, I don't know hopefully someone can help me

This vehicle has a aftermarket remote start and a iFar Key-Override-SL bypass module. When you go to start the vehicle with the remote start the theft light blinks rapidly, but when you put the key in, and turn it to the on position, the pats light turns on for about a minute and then starts to blink like, as if the the key is turned off. After countless hour of reading and researching i found this site Ford/Mazda - PATS immobilizer / key coding - OBD2 Diagnostics Wiki. It says under LED-indicator of pats status that a solid LED when the key is in the on position means, "waiting for coding keys". I am not sure what that means. I was thinking maybe this bypass module has maybe malfuntioned and made the pats forget the key, I don't know hopefully someone can help me
Have you figured it out? I was driving my 2005 f150 crew cab xlt when it shut off & antithetical light started flashing fast. Well my fuse box burnt out so I replaced it. Now security light still flashes & gives code 15 wrong key or not reading key. I can't get it to run again I don't know what to do.

Back