2004 sport trac 4x4 control module | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 sport trac 4x4 control module

Sean1692

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer sport trac
hi guys I'm having problems with my four-wheel-drive when I Flip the switch into four-wheel-drive nothing happens I read on some of these posts that it might be the shift control module behind the glove box . The problem is when I put down my glove box there is no module there . Can someone tell me if they put it in a different place or if they don't use it on a 2004 models thanks in advance guys.

The four-wheel-drive and four-wheel-drive low lights come on for a second when I start the engine

hi guys I'm having problems with my four-wheel-drive when I Flip the switch into four-wheel-drive nothing happens I read on some of these posts that it might be the shift control module behind the glove box . The problem is when I put down my glove box there is no module there . Can someone tell me if they put it in a different place or if they don't use it on a 2004 models thanks in advance guys.

The four-wheel-drive and four-wheel-drive low lights come on for a second when I start the engine

r: 316692"]hi guys I'm having problems with my four-wheel-drive when I Flip the switch into four-wheel-drive nothing happens I read on some of these posts that it might be the shift control module behind the glove box . The problem is when I put down my glove box there is no module there . Can someone tell me if they put it in a different place or if they don't use it on a 2004 models thanks in advance guys.

The four-wheel-drive and four-wheel-drive low lights come on for a second when I start the engine[/QUOTE]
I would check the shift motor on the transfer case and i would also check the plugs on the switch mine was unpluged from them installing the radio. And it could be a fuse or the switch m8ne is an 2005 xlt

I know this is an old posting but I am having the same problem, I have switched the Control Module located in the passenger front foot panel I have replaced the switch on the dash and replaced the shift motor on the transfer case but still nothing. The 4x4 lights come on for a second when I start the truck but the vehicle does not switch into 4 high or low there is no clicking noise or anything I have checked all the fuses as well. Any suggestions on something I am missing maybe a relay or another module also would anyone have the wiring diagram for the module and the shift motor and can someone tell me what fuses I could check as I have checked them all but I must be missing something.

Back