2005 Adrenalin Sub Removal/Seat Fold | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Adrenalin Sub Removal/Seat Fold

nupe494

Reaction score
City, State
DFW
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
I'm considering the purchase of an '05 Adrenalin to replace my '03 ST XLT and am wondering if the sub under seat can be removed so that the seats can fold flat like they currently do on my truck. I searched the site and it doesn't seem like anyone has done this before. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes you can remove the sub enclosure from under the seat. You'll need to cap off the wires to the sub and amp to close the circuit since it'll be gone. Not sure if there's a seperate fuse for just the amp but you'd want to pull that as well. There should be a setting on the Adrenalin Pioneer stereo to turn off the sub also. You can always get a sub and enclosure for behind the seat to run it through the factory stereo if you wanted.

Someone here or over on mysporttrac would probably buy the sub and enclosure from you after you remove it.

Thanks for the info. I plan on using my aftermarket sub and enclosure I currently have in my '03 that sits behind that seat. I most likely will not be using the factory radio but replacing that as well.

I assume that the lever that folds the seat is present in the Adrenalin models? I mean it's essentially an XLT with some different trimming and radio, correct?

Yep, same seat configuration.

Perfect. Thanks!

Back