2005 explorer 4.0 throwing codes... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 explorer 4.0 throwing codes...

Ased2141

Reaction score
City, State
seymour CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
i have a 2005 4.0 SOHC i left my lights on by mistake when i got home from work so when i came out that night to go to work i was screwed. I had a coworker pick me up so my car sat there for 24 hours dead. I jumped it the next morning and a wrench and check engine light came on. It also went into fail safe mode The scanner said the I changed the tps yesterday and now the code p2104 "throttle actuator control system forced idle" def need some help if anyone can assist thank you

I think there is an idle relean process in your owners manual. Check in there. You may need to dissconnect the battery for awhile first, then reconnect and start the truck and let it idle. Also, the throttle body itself may need to be cleaned.

hey thank you for the response i forgo to add to my original post that when i first jumped it it was a rough idle after changing the tps it wont even start just cranks and nothing. i cleaned the throttle body when i changed the tps aswell

Back