2005 Explorer XLT check charging system alert | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Explorer XLT check charging system alert

petegsmith

Reaction score
City, State
Minneapolis, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
We have been experiencing the frustration of this dashboard system alert intermittently over the past three years. We have replaced the battery as well as the alternator and still cannot find a resolution (dealer in Coon Rapids, MN is 0-3 detection attempts and two other service garages have viewed and cannot find the culprit). Possibly a short in the mother board? HELP!!! The alert tone is driving us bonkers! Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could always cut the wire to at the message center that makes the annoying ding.. Thats what i did because my tire sensors dont fit in my new rims. Goes off everytime, but its silent now.

having same issues with 05 also only goes off when accelerating "check charging system" replaced battery. System check was all good gonna look for loose wire. Any luck on your end?

After one more fruitless attempt by North Country Ford in Coon Rapids, MN to accurately identify the issue we decided to dump the vehicle and the dealer. Despite losing $2000 in trade-in value we now are the proud owners of a 2012 Toyota Highlander Limited, having purchased from Carlson Toyota in Coon Rapids, MN.

Back