• Register Today It's free!

2005 XLT Sport won't play MP3's

Bhart

Reaction score
City, State
VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT
I just bought a 2005 XLT Sport with Premium CD/Tape deck. I guess I got a early model because this head unit won't play mp3's. Is there anything I can do to play MP3's in it?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it isnt playing mp3's, then you either didnt set up the disk correctly, or the head unit was never designed to play mp3's. check your owners manual. my truck came with its own manual just for the head unit.

I'm pretty sure that the head unit was not meant to play Mp3's. On the Explorer brochures they state that Mp3 compatibility is only in late model 2005 explorers.

My question should have been, will Ford swap out the radio's?

Bhart said:
I'm pretty sure that the head unit was not meant to play Mp3's. On the Explorer brochures they state that Mp3 compatibility is only in late model 2005 explorers.

My question should have been, will Ford swap out the radio's?
For the right price, they will be more than happy to. :D

But no, I doubt they are just gonna give you one for free or anything.

That's what I thought....

Does anyone know if I could add a changer that is MP3/WMA compatible or does the head unit need to be able to play them for a changer to work?

I like having a CD and Tape player but the thought of having 6-10 cd's loaded with MP3's ready for access sound appealing.

Back