2006-2010 Key Pad Code

Essex4x4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Johnston Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan
This is a Video that shows and explains where to find the key code for a 2006-2010. Found it and decided it might be of help since it worked for me.
I searched the forum and found another thread but since that thread shows a 2004 the module is in a different location. I pulled apart the rear passenger panel and didn't see it. This is easier and much faster.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looking for 2007 ford explorer keyless entry code location

looking for 2007 ford explorer keyless entry code location

its in both places under your dash and behind the passenger side rear panel by the door.

Essex4x4 can you take a picture where the code is located on the passenger side rear?

This is a Video that shows and explains where to find the key code for a 2006-2010. Found it and decided it might be of help since it worked for me.
http://youtu.be/jJKe7eh0xfQ I searched the forum and found another thread but since that thread shows a 2004 the module is in a different location. I pulled apart the rear passenger panel and didn't see it. This is easier and much faster.

http://youtu.be/jJKe7eh0xfQ

I have a 2010 Explorer and I looked in this location, did not see a 5 digit code!
The manual says that it is on the computer module. Where is trhe computer module?

I have a 2010 Explorer and I looked in this location, did not see a 5 digit code!
The manual says that it is on the computer module. Where is trhe computer module?

in the video the guy points right at it. The numbers are on the side of the fuse box he shows.

in the video the guy points right at it. The numbers are on the side of the fuse box he shows.

I know, I watched the video! I He was not looking at a 2010. I looked at this location but there were no numbers on my car.

I know, I watched the video! I He was not looking at a 2010. I looked at this location but there were no numbers on my car.
Not sure then they possibly may have removed or relocated the sticker. Did you call and ask the dealer? They might be able to tell you over the phone. I wouldn't count on it but its worth a try right?:)

Not sure then they possibly may have removed or relocated the sticker. Did you call and ask the dealer? They might be able to tell you over the phone. I wouldn't count on it but its worth a try right?:)

RIGHT! The same Dealer where I had the old plate off of my trade in ticketed for parking in a tow zone! I thought that I would try other measures first like the forum. I now have a kink in my neck from looking at the fuse box again still no number. I also pulled the glove box down and there is a computer module there but alas no 5 digit code. Someone out there must know where the computer module is located.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2220698&postcount=1

did you try this? I looked behind the panel but didn't see the numbers or the module.

I got it! I found another link that provided a numbers chart. It is a little confusing because they said to put in a row of numbers then use the remote to cycle the locks. I blocked the rows off into 5 number blocks which does not work out. By sequentialy putting the numbers 5 at a time ie; numbers 1 through 5 then 2 through 6 3-7 etc I finally hit my number after 30 minutes.

Thanks everyone!

glad to hear that but this thread was for the 2006-2010. Seems like according to your signature you have an 05. Little bit different interior set up than the 4th gens.

When I put the original post up I indicated that I had a 2010. The 05 was long ago!

Back