2006 Explorer 4.0. PCM/instrument cluster replaced/programmed but the dreaded wrench icon is lit | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer 4.0. PCM/instrument cluster replaced/programmed but the dreaded wrench icon is lit

Well thanks to forum member “Sheltonfilms”, this problem has been fully corrected. The “wrench” icon is gone and the “park aid” option no longer appears anywhere. My vehicles options settings have been restored to their “as built” configuration by adding the factory data to line 720-01-01 of the IC, which replaced the options settings that were set by the stored VIN number of the instrument cluster i purchased. Upon adding the “as built” data this reset the parameters and got everything working as it should

The Forscan software is great indeed and with it and the help of Sheltonfilms, this would not have been possible.

Thanks to everyone!!!

Thank you so very much!!!!

Regards,
Mark

Options settings parameter reset

Well thanks to forum member “Sheltonfilms”, this problem has been fully corrected. The “wrench” icon is gone and the “park aid” option no longer appears anywhere. My vehicles options settings have been restored to their “as built” configuration by adding the factory data to line 720-01-01 of the IC, which replaced the options settings that were set by the stored VIN number of the instrument cluster i purchased. Upon adding the “as built” data this reset the parameters and got everything working as it should

The Forscan software is great indeed and with it and the help of Sheltonfilms, this would not have been possible.

Thanks to everyone!!!

Thank you so very much!!!!

Regards,
Mark

Options settings parameter reset
so.. it is great that it was resolved, but.. for those researching the same issue - what was the sage advice that was given? All I see no Shelton;s post is that he thinks he knows what it is..

I too would like to know how this was solved.

Back