• Register Today It's free!

2006 explorer electrical

jbodineh

Reaction score
City, State
missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 xlt
2006 explorer. I am trying to install a remote starter. Already done with 2006 escape. The tech says something with the passive alarm is wrong and preventing him from programming the remote start. Also, when it gets cold, (10degrees or below) the trouble lights come on--abs --emergency brake--wrench--etc. Anybody have the same problem or have heard of this?

Not sure what your remote starter problem is. I had my remote starter professionally installed.....didn't have time to do it myself. I know they used a good bypass module. As far as the ABS, Traction Control, and Powertrain lights, it sounds like it might be a cracked tone ring. Common on '06's. I had the 3 lights come on and took it to the dealer. Required pulling the axle. It cost about $350 to fix, and less than 2 hours.

I agree with ^^^. Dummy lights may be on due to another sensor at the wheel. And by chance it comes on after he did the remote start.

Im a professional installer with over 10 years in the business. If properly installed there should be no dummy lights on. The factory alarm is is a "glorified" keyless entry that honks the horn. There is NO factory alarm in explorers since 05. There is the PATS system (chip in the key) that will need to be bypassed during remote start. Like he said this is easily done with a bypass module.

Back