2006 Explorer-Elect. charge damaging Radiators | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer-Elect. charge damaging Radiators

gegg

Reaction score
City, State
Ashville, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
Am helping Grandson with his 2006 xplorer, V6 4.0. Had a small leak in radiator in Feb., cost him 400-500 dollars to have it replaced (local garage). Now developed another small leak on side. He was told that Ford has a problem in this model/year where excessive elect. charge in radiator eats holes in radiator, no recalls, Ford garages claim they have to put in a Factory radiator and reprogram the computer for the radiator fans and there is no guarantee it won't come back, Cost about 1,000.00, Ford motor co. will not claim responsibility. I checked different sites on internet, could not find that type of explanation for this problem (yet). I cannot believe (coming from old school) that this is even logical, although I know Autos. have turned into hi-tech machines now days. Before he spends that kind of money he can't afford, does anyone have any knowledge and/or suggestions?

Welcome to this forum! I've never heard of this before. They overcharged for their original work, then they won't stand behind their work after there is a problem. Tell them to connect a cooling system pressure tester to determine where the leak is coming from.

Back