2006 ford explorer blower fan runs high only | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 ford explorer blower fan runs high only

PAULYBRIAGE

Reaction score
City, State
NEW YORK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 EXPLORER
Hi, Can you please tell me why my blower fan runs on high for heater. I read some where it could be the blower resistor or the motor control unit. I also read it could be behind the glove compartment. I've never repaired my 2006 Ford Explorer before so any advice you can give me would be most appreciated. Many thanks, Paul

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, It will most likely be the resistor pack. I just changed this on my sons 99 cougar, cost about $15. On the cougar is was located under the passenger side against the firewall. You would be best to get the service manuals for your Explorer to find exact location. I just ordered a set of factory service manuals from e-bay yesterday.

I have the same issue, could you tell me what the issue was??

Thanks

Otto

Blower motor

I have front dual zone replaced blower motor control module paid $46.20 and works great.

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I was hoping you could tell me a couple things if you get this. A) what was your blower motor doing that made you replace this, B) do you know the part number, C) was it hard to do, and D) where is the part located in the vehicle. I am getting an ocassional chirping noise from the passenger vents that comes and goes and sometimes the fan seems to kick on pretty high so I am trying to diagnose the problem without going to the dealer. Thanks!

Back