2006 XLT Door Auto-Lock/Auto-Unlock | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 XLT Door Auto-Lock/Auto-Unlock

Scorpion8

Reaction score
City, State
SouthEast Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
Searched and all of the similar threads are ancient, but my problem isn't. When I put the Explorer in gear and drive off, the doors all auto-lock around 15mph or so. Yay! But when I pull into a parking spot, turn off the engine, and open the drivers door, the remaining doors do not unlock. Usually. Once in a grand while, they will. I have to use the switch on the door or keyfob remote for passengers or the liftgate. Trouble is... they used to. I know there is a setting in SETUP, but no matter what I try, I can't get them to unlock again functionally.

Thoughts?

Is there a setting in ForScan that I can permanently edit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Searched and all of the similar threads are ancient, but my problem isn't. When I put the Explorer in gear and drive off, the doors all auto-lock around 15mph or so. Yay! But when I pull into a parking spot, turn off the engine, and open the drivers door, the remaining doors do not unlock. Usually. Once in a grand while, they will. I have to use the switch on the door or keyfob remote for passengers or the liftgate. Trouble is... they used to. I know there is a setting in SETUP, but no matter what I try, I can't get them to unlock again functionally.

Thoughts?

Is there a setting in ForScan that I can permanently edit?
im pretty sure you should be able to enable/disable auto ublock in forscan in the 2nd gens you can djsable auto lock. perhaps someone with more 4 gen knowledge can chime in!

There is a setting for this in the menu. I have run across it when setting other options. I believe it is called Auto Unlock/Lock.

My 2010 mountaineer below the radio is a setup& info&reset button. Setup shows disable auto lock. You're 2006 may be different.

There is a setting for this in the menu. I have run across it when setting other options. I believe it is called Auto Unlock/Lock.
Yep, even stated that in my post. Problem is, no change of that setting does anything, or when it does it is not persistent. It may work once or twice, but I could also attribute it to "well it's warmer today than yesterday, so the locks work now". But neither of those is a solution.

Try to reprogramm GEM module using forscan or use manual as-build editor (as-build hacker or similar).

If as build charts wont change via forscan or manual editor,try to reset GEM module KAM memory and try again.

Well, to resurrect an old thread, this issue continued until this weekend. The other doors would intermittently unlock when unlocking the drivers door, sometimes after a delay for a few seconds. SO it seemed like something was "gunked" up. I flooded the drivers door lock with LPS-2 lubricant from the outside via any crack or crevice available, let it set, then flooded it again. Now all the doors unlock when the drivers door is unlocked/opened.

Back