2007 Explorer Traction Control | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer Traction Control

That's exactly the feeling, it almost feels as if the motor is going to stall out completely.

I put on deep tread Cooper tires after the first time I had experienced this.

So, with the traction control off, it will not brake the wheels.
But, I will be only pulling up hill with the help of 1 front tire and 1 rear tire, is this correct?

thanks again

That is correct, I am not sure of my 06 Explorers TC but the one on my Mercury Grand Marquis SUCKED. If it snowed the TC was turned OFF.
The only thing it did was eat the rear brake pads.

My 1986 BroncoII with Manual Hubs and L/S rear would claw its way through off road terrain like a bear, the 06 Explorer she wont cause she may chip a nail.

Sounds like you either have a problem with the truck or need better tires. I've got an '08 AWD and I'm running Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snows.

I drove up a small hill covered in solid ice and snow with no problems. We also had a massive snow storm a couple weeks ago. They plowed the highways but not the left lane. Instead of sitting in traffic I just flew down the unplowed left lane. My traction control light would turn on from time to time but that was the only indication that it was doing anything. It was not intrusive at all.

This is not a snow or ice condition, but a very steep dirt road.
I have these tires by Cooper/Mastercraft: http://www.mastercrafttires.com/html/products/tires_suv.aspx?page=mastercraft_tires_suv_courser_CT
As knobby as I could get before whoorling sounds.
So, hold the button down to lock out TC up to 25mph. I am not reaching over 7 MPH.
Should I be in low or high?
This hill is impassable in 2WD, I had a small Jimmy which lost 4wd, due to a vacuum leak,
it would not make it, even during summer, had to be winched out with a tow truck and block.

Ok you might only be moving at 7 mph but when you completly turn off traction control you have full throttle capabilities(it won't auto brake) and I said that with it off TC is gone but RSC-Roll Stability Control is still functional. In other words you can do the biggest burnout or bog through a mud hole but it won't let you flip over if your traviling over 25mph. So if your trying to make it up the hill and TC kicks in and prevents wheel spin by applying brakes to that axle and alterning engine power, press and hold the TC button and then try to walk your self up the hill in 4x4 low and 1st gear.
If this doesn't work go buy the f150 Raptor.

Back