2008 Ford Explorer Service | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Ford Explorer Service

Ford08

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer
Hello. I am new to this site and I need some assistance with my Ford Explorer, 2008 model. Well, yesterday it gave up on me; Chiming sound with "Service RSC Now" light coming on and off; my dashboard is filled with all sorts of warning lights. The vehicle would not move or rather will move and then the sliding light comes on; a grating noise is coming from (I think) the right front shaft.
Service is definitely due. Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong and what "damage" this would do to my finances? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did anything happen recently that may have caused damaged to the underside of the vehicle? Could be the hub has failed pretty seriously and is coming apart, including destruction of the abs sensor or related parts throwing the rsc light.

Have you looked under the vehicle?

No I have not checked the underneath but there were occasional noise coming from (I believe) the right shaft/axle. I was going to have it checked out and then this happened.

If I were to guess, I'd say the wheel bearing failed and took out the ABS sensor.

Thank you asull85. I am having it checked out.

Back