2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition, Nav System | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition, Nav System

Gemini061270

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hello All,

I am new here and looking for some feedback, I recently had a Ford 2000 explorer finally kicked the bucket with 247K on it. I just purchased a 2010 Explorer EB edition with Nav system which I never had before. Owned by old couple has 39K miles on it. The husband passed away, and I recently just purchased this and little confused with the Nav system . Does this require a subscription? I noticed everything works , connecting my phone, even the sirius radio works , Seems the navigation works but not sure if it needs updating(maps) and if that cost money. But if the whole system needs a subscription including the sirius I am wondering if its working because he had paid for the subscription not sure how long any of this will work up until. If I went on Syncmyride and put vin in to register with my info would it kill everything that is currently working?

The Sirius will work until the current subscription expires or the previous user cancels it (to get a refund on unused subscription). The nav does not require a subscription, but you can purchase an update (more recent map data) from ford.navigation.com - costs $150. Registration at Syncmyride will not affect either.

Hello All,

I am new here and looking for some feedback, I recently had a Ford 2000 explorer finally kicked the bucket with 247K on it. I just purchased a 2010 Explorer EB edition with Nav system which I never had before. Owned by old couple has 39K miles on it. The husband passed away, and I recently just purchased this and little confused with the Nav system . Does this require a subscription? I noticed everything works , connecting my phone, even the sirius radio on SAT 3 works but on SAT 1,2 says need subscription. Seems the navigation works but not sure if it needs updating and if that cost money. But if the whole system needs a subscription including the sirius I am wondering if its working because he had paid for the subscription not sure how long any of this will work up until. If I went on Syncmyride and put vin in to register with my info would it kill everything that is currently working?
The Sirius will work until the current subscription expires or the previous user cancels it (to get a refund on unused subscription). The nav does not require a subscription, but you can purchase an update (more recent map data) from ford.navigation.com - costs $150. Registration at Syncmyride will not affect either.
Thank you for the response much appreciated

Found this on google, so before I proceed it does cost something too register syncmyride? Once your subscription has expired, you can log in to your Ford Owner account to purchase an additional 1-year subscription for $60.00. Each year includes 20 free Operator Assist sessions.

Back