• Register Today It's free!

2010 Gas fumes after filling tank

2010man

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio City, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 EB Explorer
We have a 2010 explorer EB 4x4 with the 3v 4.6 and we have a gas tank at our home. If we fill the explorer up with gas and then pull it into the garage and shut the door, the gas fumes are horrible after it sits there for a short time. Not inside the truck, but on the outside. The whole garage smells like you spilled gas everywhere. Ours just has the gas door lid that seals and no actual gas cap and when we fill it we stop right when the nozzle clicks off and there is no gas being spilled or running out anywhere, it's just a lot of fumes. After the first day and we drive it some we get no more fumes at all, its just directly after filling it. Our warranty ends on April 29th, so I wantd to see if any of you guys have ran into this fume issue. Thanks!

The question is: does this happen when you fill up at a normal gas station and then park it? If you take it to the dealership to have them look at it they will ask you the same thing and until you can answer that question they will not look at it as having a problem.

The question is: does this happen when you fill up at a normal gas station and then park it? If you take it to the dealership to have them look at it they will ask you the same thing and until you can answer that question they will not look at it as having a problem.

We have never taken it to a gas station before, so I can't answer that. But all of my other vehicles get gas the same way and have never smelled like that and it has a regular automatic shut-off nozzle etc. just like a gas station. I'll call the dealer and have them do that Oasis thing or whatever it is called and see if this has been any type of common problem.

We have a 2010 explorer EB 4x4 with the 3v 4.6 and we have a gas tank at our home. If we fill the explorer up with gas and then pull it into the garage and shut the door, the gas fumes are horrible after it sits there for a short time. Not inside the truck, but on the outside. The whole garage smells like you spilled gas everywhere. Ours just has the gas door lid that seals and no actual gas cap and when we fill it we stop right when the nozzle clicks off and there is no gas being spilled or running out anywhere, it's just a lot of fumes. After the first day and we drive it some we get no more fumes at all, its just directly after filling it. Our warranty ends on April 29th, so I wantd to see if any of you guys have ran into this fume issue. Thanks!

Hi 2010man,

Bring your Explorer in to the dealership so they can perform an inspection. They're pros when it comes to tracking down issues like this one. Keep us posted on how things go; if you need my help, just send a PM in my direction. :)

Crystal

Back