kd4gij

Reaction score
City, State
ST PETERSBURG
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 sport trac
I am looking at this truck to day. Can this 4x4 auto be turned off

01sport trac.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it is an AWD truck with the option of forcing 4x4 high and low, buy a 2WD if you don't wand an AWD

The only reason I am considering this truck is it is a 2010 with only 46,000 miles for $15,000 Every thing else around here has over 150,000 miles

I think there is a way to mod it, but why? It is in rear wheel drive probably 95% of the time. Having the auto function is more handy than you realize, especially in heavy rain when you hit an unexpected deep pool of water on the highway.

My real question is, is there a down side of having the 4h and 4l and not using it. The mileage and price make it very tempting

My real question is, is there a down side of having the 4h and 4l and not using it. The mileage and price make it very tempting
no down side if there's extreme weather.
If you are in 2wd country then you are just hauling around extra weight that will never be used.
(how much difference is there in mileage between the 2 versions? (I'm not going to look it up) <<<this would be the deciding factor
I only switch to 4low when in a deep snow and AWD cannot negotiate it.

I live on west coast Florida so 4wd not needed hear. But finding a sport trac with less than 50,000 miles is very rare around here
I am looking for small 4dr pick up and ranger didn't come 4 door till 2019 and out of my price range at this time. And mileage looks like only 1 mile difference.
The next best around here right now is an 07 sport trac 2wd with 100,000 miles for $10,000

I am in Middle Tennessee and rarely "lock in" my 4x4. When we get snow/ice I do have to lock it in to get out of my neighborhood, but again, that is rare. As to gas mileage, I am getting around 16 or so in my commute driving and I have seen 20 on the highway. ANd we have hills in my area, which does impact mileage. But again, it is up to you and what you are comfortable with. I have driven through some Florida downpours and was glad to have the auto 4x4 feature. One of our favorite vaction spots is St. Augustine.

Well after thing long and hard A 2010 with only 46.000 miles was a rare find an to good to pass up.

Now 2 questions
It has the base radio/cd player. Where do I find the wiring diagram? I want to put my android head unit in .
And where do I find the code for the keyless entry key pad?

Just purchase 2010 XLT 2wd, leather seats, rear cargo extender with 52,000 miles. Body and interior in basically new condition and paid $12,400. Also installed a leveling kit (2" front and 1" rear" lift) and on ordered 18" wheels and 33" tires. So paying $15K for 4wd and low miles isn't bad if the body/interior are flawless. You see fewer and fewer on the road especially in this condition.

Congrats KD4 and RT. You will both enjoy your 'Tracs. I am on my second. I have 111k on my '09 and only repairs have been front wheel bearings and the infamous thermostat housing.. The best way to find your door code is to purchase yourself an OBDII reader that can connect to a laptop (or can bluetooth to you phone) and install some software called Forscan. This is cool software anyway as you can get readings on what your trucks computer system is seeing/doing. As for the door code, there will be a "master" code that you can use to then set your own. The door code is a great feature. Forscan can show you the master code. If you have the owners manual then maybe you will get lucky and find the master code stuck in it somewhere. It is a small card.

Thanks gtyats.
I have forscan on my laptop and phone. Can you tell me where to look in forscan? The only owners manual I have is PDF I downloaded from ford website.

Congrats KD4 and RT. You will both enjoy your 'Tracs. I am on my second. I have 111k on my '09 and only repairs have been front wheel bearings and the infamous thermostat housing.. The best way to find your door code is to purchase yourself an OBDII reader that can connect to a laptop (or can bluetooth to you phone) and install some software called Forscan. This is cool software anyway as you can get readings on what your trucks computer system is seeing/doing. As for the door code, there will be a "master" code that you can use to then set your own. The door code is a great feature. Forscan can show you the master code. If you have the owners manual then maybe you will get lucky and find the master code stuck in it somewhere. It is a small card.
Thanks I had forscan on my laptop. Just had to get the free extended license and retrieved the code

Just saw your question kd4. Looks like you resolved it. Yep, have to have the "license" to make Forscan find that info. Enjoy your 'Trac.

I am going to put my android head unit in this weekend. How does the USB port in the console tie in to the radio? I have the base cd radio with SYNC

Does anyone know where I can get a tonneau cover lock cover part

7A2Z-99286B27-A​

Junkyard is your only option. I put it on the National locator and there are none in the country.

Back