2011 XLT AC - Rear Works, Front's Dead | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 XLT AC - Rear Works, Front's Dead

Mcspiffy

Reaction score
City, State
TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
Hello everyone,

I did a search, but couldn't find anything relevant to my 2011 Explorer XLT.

Background: A few weeks ago, front vents wouldn't blow cold air, only hot. I replaced the blend door actuator, put everything back together, worked like a charm.

Last Saturday, I drove to Home Depot with no problem. When I got back in the vehicle, the front vents would not blow anything. Neither the driver nor passenger sides worked at any temperature. The rear AC was rockin', thank God. August here in TX is can be pretty brutal.

Once home, I took out the glove box to get a better idea of what's going on back there, and the answer is nothing. No blower is moving, no sound from the blend door actuator, nothing. It's like there's no power to the front AC, even though the control panel makes it look like everything's fine.

Any ideas anyone? I sincerely appreciate any help.

:salute:

So far you're off to a good start by showing you don't mind working on your vehicle.

Could be a few things. Blower motor relay, blower motor resistor (its actually a transistor device), or blower motor itself.

One quick check you could do is swap the auxilary blower motor relay with the regular blower relay (make sure they both have the same amount of pins either 4 or 5). This is in the battery junction box under the hood.

Also check fuse F18 (40 AMP)

Do you have a multimeter by chance?

Thanks for the advice. I'll look up how to do it, and switch those cables under the hood as soon as I get home. I'll report back. Thanks!

And no multimeter yet, but I've been meaning to get one anyway.

Back