2012 Ford explorer XLT FWD Vibration issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Ford explorer XLT FWD Vibration issue

Nadine86

Reaction score
City, State
Morley
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer XLT
I have a 2012 ford explorer xlt fwd v6. Me and my husband just got this car about 4 weeks ago and have been trying to diagnose this vibration since day 1. First let me add we have changed the rear brake calipers, rear brakes, front sway bar links, both front cv axles, and transmission fluid, also have a brand new set of tires on it. We have both front strut assembly's as well we are about to put on. The vibration tends to happen between 45mph and up. It is a slight shimmy in the steering wheel(back and forth, very slight with a vibration), you can feel it in the passenger seat and rear passenger seat as well. Please help

I have a 2012 ford explorer xlt fwd v6. Me and my husband just got this car about 4 weeks ago and have been trying to diagnose this vibration since day 1. First let me add we have changed the rear brake calipers, rear brakes, front sway bar links, both front cv axles, and transmission fluid, also have a brand new set of tires on it. We have both front strut assembly's as well we are about to put on. The vibration tends to happen between 45mph and up. It is a slight shimmy in the steering wheel(back and forth, very slight with a vibration), you can feel it in the passenger seat and rear passenger seat as well. Please help
Ball joints, tie rod ends and wheel bearings seem to be fine as far as we can tell also

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Have you had the alignment checked?

Peter

Back