2012 MFT w/ Nav - Stuck on v2.11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 MFT w/ Nav - Stuck on v2.11

94xlt4x4

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited 4x4 3.5L
Hello all,
Having some trouble updating the MFT in my 2012 Limited. I'm familiar with the update process and have done it in my wife's 13 Fusion/Edge and 16 Limited. When I check the SyncMyRide site, it happily informs me that I'm up-to-date with the following:

Date Confirmed: Dec 2, 2011
Version: Gen2 - V2.11

I am seeing folks post about v3.8 and v3.10 and am wondering how to get there. Are the 13+ models different? I am on map version A7 if that matters at all. Thanks for any insight.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

V2.11 was one of the very first versions. There have been several updates since then. That Syncmyride site is unreliable. In fact I don't think Ford uses it any more. The last user downloadable version was V3.8. Version 3.10 came out as a dealer install although some have posted the update link in this forum. The only models that are different are the 2016+ ones. The navigation card has no bearing on the MFT version. The latest nav card is A8 not many have purchased it. You should definitely update your MFT software before doing anything else.
Check this thread. I believe there are links to both 3.8 and 3.10. V3.8 link was posted incorrectly as V3.10 which then had its link reposted. Also be aware that V3.10 is apparently an unofficial user download. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/mft-update-v3-10.458981/

Peter

Thanks for the info! I gathered that 2.11 was rather old. I purchased this vehicle used but am guessing based on the install date that it was never updated. Any suggestions on how to get the updates if not through the SyncMyRide site? I'm guessing due to the age that I won't be able to go directly to v3.10.

V2.11 was one of the very first versions. There have been several updates since then. That Syncmyride site is unreliable. In fact I don't think Ford uses it any more. The last user downloadable version was V3.8. Version 3.10 came out as a dealer install although some have posted the update link in this forum. The only models that are different are the 2016+ ones. The navigation card has no bearing on the MFT version. The latest nav card is A8 not many have purchased it. You should definitely update your MFT software before doing anything else.

Peter

You can find 3.8 (3.08) some places on the internet. Just be careful you are installing the proper version.

Also...some early versions of MFT software REQUIRED the dealer to do it. Your version may be one of those. I can't be positive though. If I were you, I would do some google searching.

Well, I decided to take the plunge this morning on my drive in to work. I grabbed the v3.10 files from the thread peterk9 linked, extracted the zip, formatted a flash drive FAT32, and copied the files over. Started the Explorer and popped in the drive and the update process started. It took about 35 minutes to complete the update (gave me time to stop at Dunkin and enjoy a coffee before work!), rebooted several times, and works great now. Seems more responsive than v2.11, but that could be placebo effect too. Next up will be my wife's 2016, which has 3.08 currently. Thanks all!

Glad to hear 2.11 isn't one of those that require the dealer to do it.

Back