2013 Explorer Keyless entry not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Keyless entry not working

dbronson

Reaction score
City, State
Blanchard
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Recently my son purchased a 2013 Explorer and the keyless entry does not light up or do anything. Also, his battery is draining and he has determined that the amperage draw is coming from fuse #18. I am thinking it might be related but he does not want to purchase a new keypad only to find out that it is not the cause. Are there any tests that he can do to determine for sure that the keypad is causing the current draw? Can he just disconnect it and will everything else work? Should he test the wiring going to the pad to make sure it does not have a broken wire somewhere? If so what wire should he test?
Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as pulling that fuse to see if the "draining" stops since it controls several features. Did he get any kind of warranty from the dealer? I believe he should be able to disconnect it without affecting anything else since it isn't working anyway. It is held on with 2 sided tape. I'm not sure if the connector is at the pad or inside the door. I believe this is the part if you need it. 2011-2019 Ford Applique DB5Z-7820555-AC | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
EDIT: just found this post using the 'Search' feature; Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

Peter

Back