2013 explorer- so far..some good..some not so good. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 explorer- so far..some good..some not so good.

davicon

Reaction score
City, State
toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer XLT 201A
So i have had my explorer XLT for almost two months. I enjoyed driving it down to Florida with my family and am happy with the vehicle for the most part. The ride is smooth and quiet and the mileage is actually not that bad. Some issues that have come up after 7000km and I wanted to know if these are common.

1- when exceeding 65MPH i get a humming noise from the base of the hood/windshield wiper area. I have seen that there is an on going post on this and have posted on it so I dont expect another one here. I hope this is fixed when i go into ford for first oil change.

2- MFT microphone stopped working last week. Cant use it for telephone or to give any voice commands. When someone calls me they cant hear me reply and MFT im guessing cant hear my commands either. Hope this is an easy fix.

3- I have the platinum white paint and have noticed that some panels are a VERY slight difference in colour. Is this normal? The bumpers and gas cap cover have a slight yellow colour to it that you have to really be close to notice. Im guessing that this is due to different materials being used. I dont mind it really but wonder over time weather the colour difference will be more noticeable....

4-I have noticed that the panel gaps are not the same from door to door. I compared mine to another explorer in a p-lot in florida and noticed that the other explorer was worse than mine. I dont really notice this that much. Its not really that noticeable. This is build quality issue.

5- the rubber trim around my windows and doors looks terrible. Just looks sloppy. When two pieces meet they are different levels and it just looks rushed. My wife has at hyundai tucson and it doesn't have this issue. This is just another build quality issue so im not expecting a fix.

I guess it sounds like i dont like my explorer which is not the case. If the humming noise gets corrected and the MFT goes back to working like it did then the build quality issues only annoy me when i stare at my vehicle for too long...lol. Im just pointing them out to see if they are common.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not common because "Ford quality is job one."

The rubber around my windows out side is the same and one side the rubber is bunched up it looks terrible. And my right rear passenger door is not flesh at the bottom right corner.

So i have had my explorer XLT for almost two months. I enjoyed driving it down to Florida with my family and am happy with the vehicle for the most part. The ride is smooth and quiet and the mileage is actually not that bad. Some issues that have come up after 7000km and I wanted to know if these are common...

Hi davicon,

Are you currently in Florida or Canada? Send me your information in a PM so I can check out some ways to assist. I'll need your VIN, preferred servicing dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. Your MFT concerns will be best addressed by my colleagues on the In-Vehicle Technology team; you can send them a PM at FordIVTTeam.

The rubber around my windows out side is the same and one side the rubber is bunched up it looks terrible. And my right rear passenger door is not flesh at the bottom right corner.

Have you brought this to the attention of your dealership, converted_21? They'll be happy to take a look at these issues for you and recommend next steps. Let me know if you need my assistance.

Crystal

Have you brought this to the attention of your dealership, converted_21? They'll be happy to take a look at these issues for you and recommend next steps. Let me know if you need my assistance.

Crystal

I have once and they fixed a couple issues. Yesterday backing up when I turned the car vibrated rough and died. Weird. Anyways I made a deal on a new Tahoe in dallas and am trading it in Monday.

I have once and they fixed a couple issues. Yesterday backing up when I turned the car vibrated rough and died. Weird. Anyways I made a deal on a new Tahoe in dallas and am trading it in Monday.

Hi converted_21.

I'd hate to lose you as a member of the Ford Family. I'd be more than happy to get your regional customer service manager involved. If you're interested, just send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info, and I'll make sure someone reaches out to you.

Ashley

Yea !, Sometimes the right thing is pretty simple. And you don't have to deal with MFT either....

Attended Ford..they fixed MFT and it works as it should again. The humming noise needed a part that they didnt have in stock. The service manager seemed to know what i was talking about when i brought it in and when i went to pick it up they said they ordered a part so im hopping this will be fixed. Will let you know what part was replaced and if it corrected the issue once its done.

Hi converted_21.

I'd hate to lose you as a member of the Ford Family. I'd be more than happy to get your regional customer service manager involved. If you're interested, just send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info, and I'll make sure someone reaches out to you.

Ashley

I do appreciate your offer very much, but I picked up our new Tahoe today and could not be happier. The Explorer just wasn't for my family.

Back