Hbrichmans 2003 Ford Explorer Build | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hbrichmans 2003 Ford Explorer Build

Hello all, this is my 2003 Ford Explorer Limited "Snow white" many more mods to come, this is how she currently stands

The day I bought her in 2009
12917024647267455496IM1MAIN565x4-1.jpg

As of 10/5/12
get-attachmentaspx1251.jpg

Current mods
- Struttek Struts with Silver powdercoated coils
- Custom made front skid plate
- BTF Upper Control Arms
- 1.75 BTF Spacer lift
- Custom made lightbar
- Flowmaster 40 series Delta muffler ( soon to be 50 ) & K&N Intake
- 16x8 Inch Cragar soft 8's on General Grabbers 265/75/16
- Black upper and lower black billet grille from Ebay
- Uniden CB Radio & Tram window Antenna
- Professionally tinted tail lights by jonstintedtails.com
- Dark tint all around & limo visor strip
- Premium sound system
- Black headlight housing and turn signal corners
- Alpine EX-10 Ipod Hookup
- Blacked out all Ford Logo's and de-badged car

Whats to come?
I have no freaking idea....

Thanks for checking out my Explorer and stay tuned..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally had the time to wire the Hella 500's and completely wrap up the light bar project yesterday, I'm really happy with how it turned out!

get-attachmentaspx-14.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-13.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-12.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-11.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-15.jpg

Thanks for staying tuned to my Explorer and this project! Not sure whats to come next modding wise, but I'm sure there will be something soon enough down the road!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

That looks great! And its the only explorer id say dont convery over to HID's everything looks so clean.

Looks great man!

What everybody said man! your ex is very clean, and the light bar is great!

Thanks so much everybody! I appreciate all the positive feed back, it really motivates me to continue working on the Expo. This weekend I'm going to be repainting some trim back to black and touching up some things, I'll post some picture when I get it done. I'm going to be saving up for new BTF Upper Arms, so not many more big mods to come for awhile.

Light bar looks awesome. :eek:

Hey is your light bar a one off deal that they welded to something or is it bolt on?

Lol well that a bada** place to mount it! But I will say for the right price id buy one like that.

Honestly if I wanted a light bar I'd want that one as well...but im too happy with my grille guard

Hey is your light bar a one off deal that they welded to something or is it bolt on?

It's bolted on, I'll snap some picture tomorrow for you. It was $200 even for the bar, not bad if you ask me.

Now all the lights need HIDs in them.

Well, as soon as I thought I was done modding for awhile, I get another Idea.. a skid plate underneath my front bumper. I took the trim off on the very bottom so it doesn't interfere. Personally though, I like it without the trim anyways. Here's a quick pic.. ( Fog lights are tapped because I am repainting the bezels black. ) Just thinking of ideas right now for this project, I'll be keeping you updated!

get-attachmentaspx-16-1.jpg

Nice light bar man!!

Im making a front skid as we speak. 25"-25" plus 3/16" angle to brace it...
The one I'm making is almost the width of the frame...

I wonder how much the shipping from cali to florida would be for that thing lol

Nice light bar man!!

Im making a front skid as we speak. 25"-25" plus 3/16" angle to brace it...
The one I'm making is almost the width of the frame...

Thanks man! And that's awesome, I'm sure it will look great and I look forward to seeing it. I'm planning on starting mine soon, college and life in general has been stopping me lately from starting but hopefully this weekend :thumbsup:

I wonder how much the shipping from cali to florida would be for that thing lol

Haha, just as much to get it done locally I'm sure ;)

So small update.. Front skid plate will most likely be done by Wednesday! I'm excited to share the pictures with everybody this week! Also I have been asked a lot lately about the dimensions of my light bar, I will get those ASAP for everybody who has asked.

But mainly I have a question for everybody, I possibly have an opportunity to get some 265/75/16 General Grabber red lettering tire's for a hard to pass up price from a friend. I've never seen these tires on an Explorer yet and I'm curious to hear some suggestions/opinions about the idea. Thanks!
grabber-at2-300-red-let-ggt-04568150000.jpg

Back