2013 Ford Explorer driver seat doesn’t recline back | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer driver seat doesn’t recline back

Senja Betts

Reaction score
City, State
Kapaa, Hawai’i
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer xlt
Aloha,
I have Ford Explorer 2013. Sometime my husband drive too,so every time he drives it he will adjust the driver seat recline as he comfortably drive.but whenever I tried to move it back up it doesn’t recline back. Like it’s stuck only can do move down/back but can’t move up..
how do I fix it?
Mahalo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Aloha,
I have Ford Explorer 2013. Sometime my husband drive too,so every time he drives it he will adjust the driver seat recline as he comfortably drive.but whenever I tried to move it back up it doesn’t recline back. Like it’s stuck only can do move down/back but can’t move up..
how do I fix it?
Mahalo
You say "every time he drives it he will adjust the driver seat recline as he comfortably drive".
If he adjusts or reclines it every time he drives the car and it won't move back up why does he need to adjust it again?

Another way to handle this is to have HIM put the seat back the way he found it. :thumbsup:

You say "every time he drives it he will adjust the driver seat recline as he comfortably drive".
If he adjusts or reclines it every time he drives the car and it won't move back up why does he need to adjust it again?

Another way to handle this is to have HIM put the seat back the way he found it. :thumbsup:
I think she is saying that it won't move back to the normal position for her to drive. I think. I'm having a bit of trouble following it.

Peter

Aloha,
how do I fix it?
Mahalo
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Are you saying that the seat is stuck in the reclined position? Is it just the back or the whole seat including the cushion? It could be one of the adjustment motors.

Peter

I think she is saying that it won't move back to the normal position for her to drive. I think. I'm having a bit of trouble following it.
Peter
Yes, more info is needed please.
Mahalo nui loa

Back