2013 PIU Distance To Empty (DTE) Incorrect | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 PIU Distance To Empty (DTE) Incorrect

I had a weird problem with my '16. I only change one thing at a time with Forscan so it's easy to determine what may have caused a problem.
In my case, turning on the auto door locks caused the gas gauge to not work. At all...just sat at empty. The DTE showed "0". I put back what I changed in auto locks and the gauge came back..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had a weird problem with my '16. I only change one thing at a time with Forscan so it's easy to determine what may have caused a problem.
In my case, turning on the auto door locks caused the gas gauge to not work. At all...just sat at empty. The DTE showed "0". I put back what I changed in auto locks and the gauge came back..
I enabled those on mine as well, I'll disable it when I get the chance and see if it resolves my problem. Didn't break the gas gage, but broke DTE.

I turned off the auto locks now I got somewhere but the DTE is way off. It should fix itself right?
20220930_075429.jpg

Yeah, I did something similar. I enabled keyless entry and disabled dark car. I also enabled some miscellaneous stuff like compass. It completely broke DTE for me, it's literally 999 miles to E (I wish). Could try resetting it by disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 20 minutes or so, maybe that'd work? I've yet to try it on my vehicle.
Does it stay at 999 despite having driven it?

Peter

Does it stay at 999 despite having driven it?

Peter
Yeah, I disabled the auto locks and it kicked it off 999 miles but, it's low now like 80 miles, assuming it'll recalibrate itself after I drive it for a bit.

I enabled those on mine as well, I'll disable it when I get the chance and see if it resolves my problem. Didn't break the gas gage, but broke DTE.
Mine has been the same since enabling/disabling the same settings a couple years ago. I changed laptops and forgot to take my backup of the settings from Forescan before I switched and never went back to fix it. Any chance you downloaded your as-built data before you made the changes? I think the issue was if you use the easy version that just lets you pick from various settings vs. the as-built mode, it changes some settings that don't seem to work quite right on the PIU. Loading the facotry as built is still an option, but I rarely watch the DTE in my cars so that hasn't been worth resetting everything back to factory just to get DTE working.

If anyone has a working DTE with similar settings (keyless entry, remote start enabled, AWD gauge enabled, Dark Car disabled,etc.) on a 13-15 Ecoboost (maybe engine doesn't matter) I'd love to see what your IPC settings look like in Forscan's as built mode, unless someone knows what bit(s) controls that, then I'm happy to try changing mine to experiment to see what value works.

Mine has been the same since enabling/disabling the same settings a couple years ago. I changed laptops and forgot to take my backup of the settings from Forescan before I switched and never went back to fix it. Any chance you downloaded your as-built data before you made the changes? I think the issue was if you use the easy version that just lets you pick from various settings vs. the as-built mode, it changes some settings that don't seem to work quite right on the PIU. Loading the facotry as built is still an option, but I rarely watch the DTE in my cars so that hasn't been worth resetting everything back to factory just to get DTE working.

If anyone has a working DTE with similar settings (keyless entry, remote start enabled, AWD gauge enabled, Dark Car disabled,etc.) on a 13-15 Ecoboost (maybe engine doesn't matter) I'd love to see what your IPC settings look like in Forscan's as built mode, unless someone knows what bit(s) controls that, then I'm happy to try changing mine to experiment to see what value works.
No I thought I did, but I must've not done it. I can download the factory as built data I think using my vin, there's a way to do it.

I really don't mind it being broken, I got keyless entry enabled in return and I use the trip gage and I can make a more accurate DTE.

But if anyone has a fix for it, let me know.

No I thought I did, but I must've not done it. I can download the factory as built data I think using my vin, there's a way to do it.

I really don't mind it being broken, I got keyless entry enabled in return and I use the trip gage and I can make a more accurate DTE.

But if anyone has a fix for it, let me know.
If memory serves, after putting the door locks back....I had to turn them on and turn them off again before it "took". After making a change, I shut the ignition off, remove the key, open and close the door to make sure the power goes off.

If memory serves, after putting the door locks back....I had to turn them on and turn them off again before it "took". After making a change, I shut the ignition off, remove the key, open and close the door to make sure the power goes off.
Enabling the door locks broke it entirely. Disabling them fixed it slightly but is way inaccurate. 90 miles on a full tank.

I turned off the auto locks now I got somewhere but the DTE is way off. It should fix itself right?View attachment 435066
Just a quick question, I noticed in your pciture you have a working compass. Do you have Sync 1 in your PIU? if not how did you get that working?

Just a quick question, I noticed in your pciture you have a working compass. Do you have Sync 1 in your PIU? if not how did you get that working?
I turned the compass on in FORScan when I was enabling keyless entry. I just have the basic MyFord radio. There's no touch screen.

Back