• Register Today It's free!

2013 Sport Painted Exhaust Pipes

ieee_raider

Reaction score
City, State
Paris, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I had this idea then saw in a thread where someone else had done the same. I thought it deserved its own thread so people might see the title and want to swipe the idea.

I painted with rustoleum BBQ hi temp paint

IMAG0800_zpsa92dbc9e.jpg

I also noticed that the spare trunk (that drops below bumper height) was partially brownish with red overspray. So I painted it too!

Happy Modding!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good, I might have to do this.

On the way home from the dealership was following the wife and saw it...
bought the high heat paint the next day :)

it just looked WRONG on the black out sport :)

Attachments

• rear underbody.JPG
    rear underbody.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,348

Was probably me.
I could not understand why the mufflers were painted black, yet the exhaust pipes aren't, and stick out like a sore thumb. VHT rattle can to the rescue! :D

I had this idea then saw in a thread where someone else had done the same. I thought it deserved its own thread so people might see the title and want to swipe the idea.

I painted with rustoleum BBQ hi temp paint

IMAG0800_zpsa92dbc9e.jpg

I also noticed that the spare trunk (that drops below bumper height) was partially brownish with red overspray. So I painted it too!

Happy Modding!

Thinking I may have to do a little bit of painting here myself.

Speaking of painting though, has anyone thought about or actually painted their brake calipers? This bothers me way more the exhaust, those huge rims with exposed calipers could use it

There are caliper painting kits available, better still having them powdercoated. Do not go the caliper cover route unless you want to make real car guys laugh.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Duplicolor/Duplicolor-Brake-Caliper-Paint-Kits/763046/10002/-1

Dont take this the wrong way I know this as Ben talked about before but what is the big deal with caliper covers? A lot of ppl complain about them why?

Take them for what they are... just covers!

Isn't it as cheesy to paint your original calipers red to make them resemble Brembo's?

Isn't it as cheesy just to change your exhaust tips and not the whole system?

It's just a visual mode nothing more, get over it ppl.

This is just my taught !

I've seen some exhaust tips that are cerakoted flat black, and they look good in person. Now, I'm thinking of doing the same thing or just use a caliper paint.

painted mine with the flameproof paint as soon i saw it from behind. Looks so much better black underneath.

have you considered using the taillight black tint spray paint on the red bumper reflectors?

have you considered using the taillight black tint spray paint on the red bumper reflectors?

unless you get them professionally done the rattle can version stuff never looks nice.

I did my bumper reflectors with laminx tinted film. Now they're smoked to match the taillights.

unless you get them professionally done the rattle can version stuff never looks nice.

I did my bumper reflectors with laminx tinted film. Now they're smoked to match the taillights.

good to know. looks like laminx has tint, medium and dark films also. you used the med-dark "smoked" film? txs

My headlights I did with the lightest film they offer, and it was perfect. Barely any cutdown on light, and it matches the factory smoked taillights perfectly.

The reflectors in the rear bumper I did with the same lightest film they offered, but if I did it again, I'd get the medium. I guess since it's not a clear lense away from a reflector, and it's smack on the reflector itself that your tinting, it doesn't give it as dark of an appearance. It makes a small difference, but if doing it again on the reflectors, I'd go medium. If you want to make them really blend in and disappear, then go dark.

Back