• Register Today It's free!

2014 2.0 Advance Trac issue

Alteben

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
Morning, everyone. Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue to mine, below. And if so, how did Ford resolve it?

2014 Explorer 2.0 with front wheel drive, of course. For several months now, the advance track system will randomly apply one or both of the front brakes. Mostly happens in either a slow curve or on a decline. Used to be somewhat rare but is now much more frequent. With the all wheel drive cars, you have the ability to turn the system off. Not so with the front wheel drive Explorers. Condition is definitely getting annoying and also potentially dangerous. No warning lights and no ABS trouble codes are present. Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Ben

If you don't get any additional replies than you did to your other thread,Self-applying brakes!? I'd suggest taking it to a dealership to an independent garage especially if it is getting worse.

Peter

If you don't get any additional replies than you did to your other thread,Self-applying brakes!? I'd suggest taking it to a dealership to an independent garage especially if it is getting worse.

Peter
Took it to one local Ford dealership. Was told that it could get expensive replacing parts until it’s fixed. No thanks! I do have some feelers out locally for a dealership that actually knows how to diagnose the problem and not just throw parts at it.

Back