2014 Explorer Sport-NO traffic data graphic overlay | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Sport-NO traffic data graphic overlay

heliskier59

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer Sport 2014
New Explorer Sport 2014 with MFT and Nav....have verified with Sirius that free trial of Traffic is in effect. Not getting any icons or graphic traffic lines on the Nav screen. Only traffic information is a text list of traffic conditions...is this normal? Does anyone have a Sport that CAN see traffic data as a graphic overlay?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It depends on your's your level. .25liles or less and you will get the overlays

Thanks for suggestions...
I tried a delayed reboot using the app available on this forum and I am seeing everything now. I think that when I took delivery of vehicle the nav was updated by the dealer but without a reboot...anyway all is well...

My 2014 Sport had traffic overlays and lists which all worked for only about the first 3-4 days, theN they went away and have not worked for a couple weeks. I did the delayed reboot twice today, and the app installed and I followed the instructions properly, but I never did see a "Performing Scheduled Maintenance" screen even after waiting over 5 minutes both times. I'm not sure if the reboot worked, but I still do not have traffic. Is the reboot still supposed to work with version 3.6.2?

UPDATE: 4-5 hours after attempting the reboot, after driving for about half hour and while still driving, the system froze and the screen went black. I stopped for gas a few minutes later and after turning off the car and getting out, a reboot happened. Traffic was back after the reboot.

After you install the reboot app and open the door to get MFT to shut down you need to wait at least 30 seconds, then start and it'll do the reboot. You can also just leave your vehicle and it will reboot while you are gone.

After opening and closing the door I waited 5 minutes each time before starting and the reboot didn't happen. I'm guessing my system must have been in such a state that it couldn't process the reboot command. But for now my system is working better so I'll just hope that it stays that way.

Back