2015 Sport Mileage | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Sport Mileage

pnicefor

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Chevy Tahoe
Hi, I am looking to buy a new 2015 Explorer Sport. However, the dealer thinks he found a car for me, however it is about 160 miles away. They will drive it back, but I will be accepting a car with over 160 + miles on it. I guess I don't mind, but up to how much mileage is acceptable when taking ownership. All my other new car purchases have been at most, 20 - 30 miles on the vehicle. Looking forward to driving a new car, especially an Explorer Sport.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Pete

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, I am looking to buy a new 2015 Explorer Sport. However, the dealer thinks he found a car for me, however it is about 160 miles away. They will drive it back, but I will be accepting a car with over 160 + miles on it. I guess I don't mind, but up to how much mileage is acceptable when taking ownership. All my other new car purchases have been at most, 20 - 30 miles on the vehicle. Looking forward to driving a new car, especially an Explorer Sport.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Pete

I would look into going with them to pick up the car. Probably not possible but it would be nice to get a nice feel for the car for 160 miles.
When I got my sport it had about 49 miles on it. I didn't mind it . I don't know about 160 though lol I probably wouldn't take it but I'm picky so..

Yep, kind of agree, however, Not too many out there with the options I want, and well as I heard that Ford is not taking any more 2015 orders. Not sure how much truth is there on that. One dealer says NO, anther say maybe... Purchasing a house is much easier than a car. LOL

They will drive it back, but I will be accepting a car with over 160 + miles on it.

Seriously? I'm not sure I see what the problem is with this. They are delivering it to you. It's not like people put 160 miles on it test driving it 10-20 miles at a time. Stop overthinking it.

It's not a big deal. For my 2015 Limited with a tow package, the dealer found a car 93 miles away and drove it back. After the dealer preps it and fuels it up, and ff you ignore the odometer, you won't notice if they even drove it straight out of the factory floor. Enjoy...

Seriously? I'm not sure I see what the problem is with this. They are delivering it to you. It's not like people put 160 miles on it test driving it 10-20 miles at a time. Stop overthinking it.

Exactly! It's not like they'll drive it back in 1st gear. Plus, the people that the dealer sends to do pick-ups like this are retirees and have no interest in beating up on a car.

Exactly! It's not like they'll drive it back in 1st gear. Plus, the people that the dealer sends to do pick-ups like this are retirees and have no interest in beating up on a car.

Yeah, testing the shocks with all the NY & NJ potholes.. awesome :thumbsup:

Sounds like you already have your mind made up on not getting this one.

No, I am trying to get it, but they don't want to come down a nickel. I will even go and get the vehicle and drive it back myself.

You want them to come down in price because of the 160 mile drive?

Seriously?

They will just pass on you and sell it to someone else. These things aren't exactky sitting around on lots getting flat spots on their tires.

No, I am trying to get it, but they don't want to come down a nickel. I will even go and get the vehicle and drive it back myself.
You're being ridiculous. Buy it, or don't.

You want them to come down in price because of the 160 mile drive?

Seriously?

They will just pass on you and sell it to someone else. These things aren't exactky sitting around on lots getting flat spots on their tires.

No, they came down 2000 dollars from sticker.. Come on guys.. Would you pay 48500 for a sport. Only options are 2nd row buckets 2nd row and console and 401A pkg..

You're being ridiculous. Buy it, or don't.

Yes, everyone wants a good price, I feel 48500 is not a good price.. Take it or leave it, then I will leave it.. How much was your truck discounted?

How much was your truck discounted?

In 2011? $0 discount. You couldn't find one on the lot. I drove 250 miles to test drive one the day before it was delivered to the person who ordered it. I ordered it, and paid full sticker. Not many or any deals back then on what was a very short commodity unless you were a Ford employee, or vendor.

MY2015 has stopped taking orders for production. It will sell, if you don't buy it. It is your value decision.

Yes, everyone wants a good price, I feel 48500 is not a good price.. Take it or leave it, then I will leave it.. How much was your truck discounted?

I think nearly $50k is a retarded amount of money for something that depreciates rapidly as soon as you sign your name to it. Buying a new vehicle is one of the worst things you can do financially.

But people still do it.

I think nearly $50k is a retarded amount of money for something that depreciates rapidly as soon as you sign your name to it. Buying a new vehicle is one of the worst things you can do financially.

But people still do it.

Agreed. But i love the truck. Hopefully will be able to get the exact trck and will have it in a week.

No, they came down 2000 dollars from sticker.. Come on guys.. Would you pay 48500 for a sport. Only options are 2nd row buckets 2nd row and console and 401A pkg..

Back in January I got $4,600 off sticker.

Back in January I got $4,600 off sticker.

On a 50K car, that works out to be about 9%. 2% is not a great deal, in my eyes. The average is around 9%, at this time, figuring the 2016 have been announced and two Ford dealers stated they are not taking any more 2015 orders. he has the truck on the lot and I said come down a bit and I will drive it off the lot. Still waiting.

2K on that vehicle is about X-plan price which is not too bad. Ford employee price is about $1800 below X-plan. 2K is not a bad discount but they need to add the incentives on top of that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can refuse the car once it arrives, can't you? If it comes back unscathed, then finish the paperwork and enjoy your new ride. If you think there are issues and they refuse to address them, then walk away.

Back