2016 3.5l timing question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 3.5l timing question

The chain looks aligned properly. If the guides and tensioners are working properly then it should stay aligned. What part number is that chain? There are several different variations depending on the year/engine.
It came from ford by way of vin number

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any progress?

Any progress?
Yes got it running yesterday drove it for 45 mins no p0016 in pending or read. Then it gave me a bank 1 intermittent circuit sensor b don’t remember exact code but from what I can read this one is not timing of engine related. I check all the plug on cam sensors before I put it back together but I’m hoping maybe during assembly something happened. Thx for asking

Just my few cents - after dealer replaced my water pump + chain and let me go I also got P0016 after few weeks of light usage. Ended up replacing all the solenoids and cam sprockets, dealer said they were also "worn out"

Unfortunately cannot verify that myself and have to reply on their words. If doing this myself would simply replace everything that is part of the chain system, but I see that you already closed up everything - hope you are good to go and would not need to open it again

Just my few cents - after dealer replaced my water pump + chain and let me go I also got P0016 after few weeks of light usage. Ended up replacing all the solenoids and cam sprockets, dealer said they were also "worn out"

Unfortunately cannot verify that myself and have to reply on their words. If doing this myself would simply replace everything that is part of the chain system, but I see that you already closed up everything - hope you are good to go and would not need to open it again
P0016 is no longer an issue but I did get circuit problem Bank 1 sensor B which according to what I have read has to do with plug or sensor

but I did get circuit problem Bank 1 sensor B which according to what I have read has to do with plug or sensor

ALWAYS post the actual fault codes, not some half-description of them.

Good new everything seems to be working fine

Back