2016 Limited, No heat on pass side. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Limited, No heat on pass side.

Mekks082

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer ST
My 16 limited heat stopped working on pass side, blows cold air for floor/dash/defrost vents. I assume this is is a blend door actuator.

I have not charged my laptop and scanned for codes yet, but does anyone know which of the 3-4 actuators this might be? hoping its the directly behind the glove box.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had the same thing recently happen, unable to determine which actuator it was so I took it to the local Ford dealer. They replaced the right side blend door actuator, Part#AA5Z 193616C Motor Assy. Parts cost was $35.99

I had the same thing recently happen, unable to determine which actuator it was so I took it to the local Ford dealer. They replaced the right side blend door actuator, Part#AA5Z 193616C Motor Assy. Parts cost was $35.99
Thanks boss, that's the part I ordered. From what I understand their are 4 of them and 3 are the same. Going to start with the one behind the glove box and go from there.

Tried the unit right behind that dash, no go. So I tried the pass side unit on the console. Fixed the heat issue. Boy is that thing tight in there. Took about an hour. Replaced the cabin air filter while I had the glove box out.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Blend doors. i have changed 3 of them. The 4th one which is very easy access never fails. Its always the hard ones. i have medium hands and got a few nicks doing them . I cut the air filter plastic over to get a wrench to tighten it.

the driver side is the hardest.

Back