• Register Today It's free!

2017 Cup Holder Dimensions

Stargazer75

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
I am picking up a new 2017 Explorer in about a week. It doesn't have the illuminated cup holders, but would like to add the AccentGlow illuminated cup holders myself. Id like to order them in time so that I can install them right away, because I have some time to do it. To order them, I need to know the diameter of the bottom of the cup holder. I can't find this information anywhere. Can someone check on this for me? The sizes it comes in are:
2-1/2″ diameter

2-5/8″ diameter

2-3/4″ diameter

2-7/8″ diameter

3″ diameter

3-1/8″ diameter

3-1/4″ diameter

Thank you in advanced.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Stargazer75.:wave:
The 2 cup holders in the centre console have inserts at the bottom. I measured my inserts and they are 2 13/16 inches. That would probably be the 2 3/4" on your list.
I'm guessing that you are getting the 400A package as the 401A has the Ambient Lighting.

Peter

Cup Insert.JPG

Thank you so much! The 401A package doesn’t apply to the XLT trim level, but I would have went with that it it was an option for me.

Thank you so much! The 401A package doesn’t apply to the XLT trim level, but I would have went with that it it was an option for me.
For the package I went by what your profile shows, 2017 Sport.

Peter

For the package I went by what your profile shows, 2017 Sport.

Peter
Oh, I was originally going to buy a Sport, but ended up with an XLT. I corrected that in my profile. Thanks again.

Back