11 EX Limited rear cup holder diagram | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

11 EX Limited rear cup holder diagram

fridge1985

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Hi I have a 2011 Ex Limited. The other day my sons friend accedently kicked the rear cup holder that is below the rear climate controls. I need a diagram on where to place the spring so I can fix this. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum fridge1985.:wavey:
I checked fordparts.com but it didn't show the spring and since I no longer have my 2011 Limited, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for another member to lend a hand.

Peter

Thanks for your effort!

Can anyone get a pic of their cup holder that shows where the spring goes?

Can anyone get a pic of their cup holder that shows where the spring goes?

I have a Explorer Repair DVD at home, I'll see if I can find it for you and post a screen shot. (will be about 2-4 hours from now before I get there)

Thanks I appreciate it!

So far what I can find from Google is its that whole panel is Part number: BB5Z-78045E24-AA

If you Google that it doesn't show a break down of it, so I doubt the service manual that I have will either.

Can you upload a pic of the spring? or tell us what it looks like. All the pictures of the cup holder that I find doesn't show anything that looks like a spring, so its hidden pretty well.

This might help, and from what I can tell it looks like its a hidden spring towards the middle of the tray:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-201...rim-w-Cup-holder-110v-Converter-/270930841743

20150123_170135.jpg

I figured out where the spring went. I ended up pulling out that whole panel and found how it went back together. The view in the pic is of the spring with the cover that goes on the cup holder part off.

Thanks for everyones help.

link to pic

Link removed. No longer valid.

20150123_170135.jpg

I figured out where the spring went. I ended up pulling out that whole panel and found how it went back together. The view in the pic is of the spring with the cover that goes on the cup holder part off.

Thanks for everyones help.

Awesome! Thanks for the pic too, I'm just waiting for my 4 y.o. or my 15 y.o. to do the same thing.

Awesome! Thanks for the pic too, I'm just waiting for my 4 y.o. or my 15 y.o. to do the same thing.

Can you please tell me where spring goes I can't figure it out. The picture is not available

Can you please tell me where spring goes I can't figure it out. The picture is not available
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
If you don't get a reply, I suggest sending the member a private message asking him if he can repost the picture.

Peter

I had a 2011 Chevy Malibu that threw the spring and holder as well. I traded it. Not for that but I was unable to get it back in place. When I looked at the 2013 Explorer I was stunned to see it has the same mechanism. Hope I don't lose this one too. Keep it closed. Put some tape on it.

Back