2017 Explorer Sport - how to enable Park Aid? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Explorer Sport - how to enable Park Aid?

Jon24

Reaction score
City, State
Grass Valley, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017, Explorer, Sport
A truck backed into my Explorer. No visible damage, scrapes or dents. But now the front and rear sensors don’t provide an audible sound. Upon further checking, the Park Aid system has been disabled. I’ve tried to enable the system but cant get it to work.

Since the truck backed into me, I’ve also noticed on the console a picture of a car with an Exclamation point encircled in red on top of this car. This image only shows up for 1 to 2 seconds when I put the car into gear.

- Any suggestions on how to enable the Park Aid or do I need new sensors or a visit to the dealer?
- Any idea what the Red Exclamation point indicator means?

jon

A truck backed into my Explorer. No visible damage, scrapes or dents. But now the front and rear sensors don’t provide an audible sound. Upon further checking, the Park Aid system has been disabled. I’ve tried to enable the system but cant get it to work.

Since the truck backed into me, I’ve also noticed on the console a picture of a car with an Exclamation point encircled in red on top of this car. This image only shows up for 1 to 2 seconds when I put the car into gear.

- Any suggestions on how to enable the Park Aid or do I need new sensors or a visit to the dealer?

jon
howdy! welcome to EF! any pocture of that icon? fee like there was a similiar post recently about a similiar seeming icon

Your best bet is to connect an OB2 scanner and see what code is being thrown. It sounds like a sensor was damaged and has disabled the entire system.

jon
Welcome to the Forum Jon. :wave:
The picture you described does not appear in the Symbols Glossary. Checking for a trouble code as suggested above would be a good start.

Peter

Back